Is Phuket on your bucket list? Have you been dreaming to visit Thailand? This is the year to move Phuket off the travel bucket list and start creating an exclusive Phuket bucket list of things to do, things you want to eat and places you’d like to see while on your vacation here.
Don’t worry, I’ve saved you the trouble of building this list and created a Phuket bucket list for you based on my last visit below.
If you are still second guessing Thailand, I’d say, don’t think twice. Amazing Thailand, the tourism board of Thailand has made the island of Phuket a priority in their marketing efforts. They used the time during the pandemic to make improvements to better serve tourists and now are ready to showcase these with travellers from around the globe.
So now that you have picked your next vacation destination, all you have to do is book that flight and pack your bags. I couldn’t be more excited for you. Happy travels!
Table Of Contents
Plan Your Phuket Visit
|WayAway||Angsana Laguna Phuket||Old Town, Chalong Temple, & Great Buddha||Snorkel In Racha Island|
Where To Stay In Phuket
Angsana Laguna Phuket – This 5 star resort in Bang Tao Bay offers everything a traveler could imagine from restaurants on the beach, adult only areas, kid zones, swim up bars and ferries that will take you to the other resorts in the lagoon. Regardless of who you are traveling with, this resort can accommodate.
Getting Around Phuket
inDrive – I recommend the “Indriver” app for taxis on the island at reasonable prices. Drivers only take cash, which you can at the airport at decent rates. Download App here.
See the various options of transport from the airport visit this useful Phuket Airport Transport guide.
5 Phuket Bucket List Must Do
1. Racha Island & Kahung Beach Day Trip By Speedboat
Another must do while in Phuket is checking out Racha Island and Kahung Beach. We chose Nikorn Marine as our tour operator for this day trip and can’t thank them enough for the hospitality they provided. Despite the morning rain we experienced, which thankfully passed, we all had a great time and left with smiles on our faces and memories we will never forget. Highlights of the day tip included;
- Snorkeling in Racha Island
- Relaxing and basking in the array of beach activities at Coral Island. The choice is really up to you. Sport activities include snorkelling, paddle boarding or kayaking.
- Indulge in a local authentic Thai lunch at “Kahung Restaurant”.
2. Day Trip To Phi Phi Island
Experience for yourself the beauty that is Phi Phi Islands on a speedboat cruise from Phuket. Highlights in this trip include visiting Maya Bay, checking out a Viking Cave and snorkeling Bamboo Island. Additionally, this tour includes a tasty buffet lunch. Book this Phi Phi Island Day Trip.
Sometimes all you want to do is spend a day at the beach. If you are looking to spend the full day taking in all that Phi Phi Island has to offer without a tour, then, check out this One-Way Ferry Transfer to/from Koh Phi Phi.
3. Walk Around Old Town Phuket & Visit Big Buddha
There is more to Phuket than beaches. No visit to Phuket would be complete without taking in the sights of Old Town Phuket and walking up to Chalong Temple to see the Big Buddha.
4. Pineapple Tour
Community based tourism is booming and in Phuket you have the opportunity to learn more and support the Bangrong community. This day trip is one not to miss if you want to immerse yourself into the community by cooking, painting and farming. See the full tour highlights below.
- Paint your own Batik handbag. Batik is the Thai Muslim women traditional clothing.
- Visit a pineapple farm to learn how pineapple is harvested. You will also sample fresh pineapple and pineapple juice directly from the farm.
- Take a stab at opening coconuts the Thai way and using the fruits of your labor to cook Thai sweet dumplings. For, me, observing how locals achieve no waste with coconuts had me see coconuts in a whole new light.
- See how para rubber is made by this southern community.
5. Treat Yourself To A Thai Massage
Thai massages are known around the world for their healing properties and in Thailand they are an affordable luxury. Experience a Thai massage from the place where it started. Book the spa package that fits your relaxation and beauty needs.
fIND other Top Tours & Activities
What To Eat in Phuket
- Thai Sweet dumplings
- Fresh coconut
- Pad Thai
- Vegtable spring rolls
- Thai iced tea – Black tea, sweetened with sugar and sweet spices and condensed milk
- Tom Kha – Thai coconut soup with either mushrooms or seafood
- Fish with sweet & sour sauce
- Stir fried chicken with cashew
- Chicken satay with peanut sauce
Looking to learn how to cook some of these delicious Thai dishes for yourself? Try this Half Day Easy Thai Cooking Class & Local Market Tour.
Disclaimer: This Phuket Bucket List post may contain affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, we receive a small commission on purchases made through these links. By making a purchase using these links, you are directly supporting and allowing me, a Latina travel blogger to continue providing you with free high-quality travel guides. Thank you!