When is the best time to have a NYC holiday you ask? Personally for me, December travel to NYC, the “Big Apple”, the “City That Never Sleeps”, is a must! Especially for returning visitors. Why you wonder?
Want to get infected with the NYC holiday spirit? You need as little as 3 days in December for travel to NYC. This festive destination guide will show you the NYC Christmas attractions to see this city as the winter wonderland that it is.
A NYC Holiday – Table Of Contents
What Makes NYC In December Worth Visiting
Many Hollywood films have used New York City as the backdrop for holiday films. Think, “Home Alone 2”, “Elf” and the iconic “Miracle on 34th St”. If you haven’t visited NYC during the holiday season, you may think this ‘tis the season’ spirit could be a false. I can personally testify that this city really does look and feel like the Hollywood films. Making it all the reason to book a NYC holiday in December.
I have been to this magical city multiple times and during different times of the year. My favorite time to visit is December. This city truly brings the holiday spirit to life. The holiday window displays/decor, music, shopping, Santa’s in almost every corner and various holiday activities can make scrooge have a change of heart.
Plan Your Holiday Travel To NYC
6 Festive Things To Do In NYC
- Rockefeller Center – See the Christmas tree, the legendary skating rink and all things holiday happening here.
- 5th Ave Window Displays – Bergdorf Goodman, Macy’s windows on 34th Street are the famous window displays from the film, ‘Miracle on 34th, Lord & Taylor, Henri Bendel, Saks Fifth Avenue, Barneys, Bloomingdales, FAO Shwarts. They are all in the same area of the city and easily walk-able. (Google walking tours HERE to find an array of maps.)
- Central Park – Stroll through the iconic park, go ice skating or watch people ice skate if you can’t be bothered waiting in long queues and enjoy all the city holiday feels.
- Bryant Park Christmas Market – Great market to visit for unique and homemade gifts.
- Rolf’s – Restaurant bar that is decked out in Christmas stuff. This is the most famous one but there is usually a ton of pop up bars that come every year too so do some research.
- Radio City Music Hall – It’s the most wonderful time of the year after all so why wouldn’t you see the most ‘tis the season’ show, The Radio City Rockettes.
Full Handy NYC Pocket Guide
Discover NYC’s top attractions, including Rockefeller Center & the Statue of Liberty, in just 3 days with this guide.
Want to discover where else you can visit in the US?
Disclaimer: This December travel to NYC guide may contain affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, we receive a small commission on purchases made through these links. By making a purchase using these links, you are directly supporting and allowing me, a Latina travel blogger to continue providing you with free high-quality travel guides. Thank you!